The SPS event consultants look forward to assisting and supporting your event planning needs from booking rooms on- and off-campus, contract negotiations, securing audio/visual equipment, providing technical support to ordering promotional items, catering, and more.
Please provide advance notice for all event needs so we can ensure time to execute a successful event.
Steps in planning your department event:
- Fill out an Events Request Form
- All events must be submitted using the Event Request Form even if the department plans to manage the event on their own.
- On-campus: spaces need to be booked a minimum of 2–3 months in advance, though we recommend booking as soon as possible.
- Off-campus: spaces need to be booked a minimum of 4-8 months in advance given lengthy contract negotiations and approvals within the university.
Note: Booking spaces following the procedures above will ensure that spaces are not double booked.
- The Events Office will check space availability and respond with either a booking confirmation or suggested alternative space, generally within 48 hours. Occasionally, more time is needed. You will be notified by your event consultant that your request is being processed.
- Once event space is confirmed, the event consultant will meet with you to discuss event needs.
- On the day of the event, your event consultant will be on-site with additional staff to ensure all runs smoothly.