Popular Introductory and Advanced Sessions Cover International and Partnership Taxation, Trusts and Estates, Life-Kind Exchanges, and State and Local Taxation
July 10, 2023
NYU School of Professional Studies Hosts Tax Conferences July 17-28, 2023
NEW YORK, July 10, 2023 - This year, the NYU School of Professional Studies will host the NYU Tax Conferences in July beginning July 17. The introductory and advanced conferences will be held at the Westin New York in Times Square, and cover a range of topics including international, partnership, and state and local taxation, trusts & estates, and life-kind exchanges.
The introductory conferences are designed to provide an introduction to fundamental concepts and practical applications. Within the advanced conferences, attendees explore sophisticated tax concepts reflecting the most important transaction-based tax topics in their field, including new developments in legislation and regulations.
The NYU School of Professional Studies has been a leader in continuing professional education for nearly 90 years. The School blends the scholarly resources of NYU, one of the leading universities in the country, with the knowledge and the practical experience of the world-class professional community that surrounds it. The School’s long standing tradition of excellence in continuing legal, accounting, and taxation programs attracts the best and the brightest speakers, who impart their knowledge of the most current industry trends and regulations.
Here is the schedule for the 2023 Tax Conferences in July:
Monday, July 17 - Wednesday, July 19, 2023
- Introduction to International Taxation - The Introduction to International Taxation Conference provides a broad-based foundation in the federal income taxation of cross-border (both “inbound” and “outbound”) transactions and circumstances.
- Introduction to Trusts & Estates - The Introduction to Trusts and Estates Conference explains many taxes and tax issues applicable to gratuitous transfers by individuals, trusts, and estates.
Thursday, July 20 - Friday, July 21, 2023
- Advanced International Taxation - The Advanced International Taxation Conference explores controversial and emerging issues and opportunities in the area of international taxation, including tax planning, eligibility issues, and international mergers and acquisitions.
- Advanced Trusts & Estates - The Advanced Trusts and Estates Conference moves beyond the basics of the taxation of trusts and estates to discuss more detailed planning opportunities, issues, techniques, and pitfalls.
Monday, July 24 - Wednesday, July 26, 2023
- Introduction to Partnerships Taxation - The Introduction to Partnerships Taxation Conference discusses the essentials of partnership taxation and delivers insights on opportunities in this sector.
Monday, July 24 - Tuesday, July 25, 2023
- Introduction to State & Local Taxation - The Introduction to State & Local Taxation explores issues and trends impacting and influencing state and local tax legislation, regulations, and procedures.
Thursday, July 27 - Friday, July 28, 2023
- Life-Kind Exchanges - The Like-Kind Exchanges Conference examines the various aspects of like-kind exchanges and their impact on taxes and investments, including ethical issues, structuring like-kind exchanges, legislative updates, partnerships and LLC exchanges, safe harbor, and tenancy-in-common issues.
To register for the sessions and to view the latest detailed agenda for each conference, visit NYU Tax Conferences in July. Participants qualify for CPE and CLE credits. If you are a member of the media who would like to report on the sessions, please contact Michael DeMeo at email@example.com.
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities are currently available. For information on becoming a Tax Conference Sponsor or exhibiting at the Conferences, please contact Kathleen Costello at (212) 992-3320, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the NYU SPS Department of Finance and Taxation Program
The NYU SPS Department of Finance and Taxation Program has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Provider of continuing legal education in New York. The NYU School of Professional Studies Department of Finance and Taxation Program is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
NYU School of Professional Studies
For nearly 90 years, the NYU School of Professional Studies (NYU SPS) has been a deeply respected institution of higher education grounded in applied learning. From its early years, training returning World War II veterans to fulfill the nation’s urgent need for skilled technical workers, it has evolved into a professional education powerhouse that offers 21 graduate degrees, 14 bachelor’s degrees for traditional and degree completion students, four associate degrees, and a plethora of continuing education courses and credentials.
Home to some of the largest and most prestigious industry conferences in the world, including the NYU SPS Institute on Federal Taxation, the Schack Institute of Real Estate’s Capital Markets Conference, REIT Symposium, and National Symposium of Women in Real Estate; the Jonathan M. Tisch Center’s International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference, and the NYU Coaching and Technology Summit, the School’s invaluable connections to industry leaders is a truly distinguishing factor in the education that it provides. Through career development services and resources provided by the NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development at NYU SPS, guest lecturers, site visits, participation in numerous conferences and events, and Global Field Intensives, students benefit from an NYU education that will set them apart. In addition, they have the opportunity to learn from and network with more than 41,000 NYU SPS alumni who live, work, and contribute to innovation in industries around the world. To learn more about NYU SPS, visit sps.nyu.edu.
PR OFFICE CONTACTS