Book Publishing Thought-Leaders and Innovators Take the Stage at This Highly Anticipated NYU SPS International Executive Education Program Being Held in January 2024
August 29, 2023
NYU School of Professional Studies Announces a Stellar Line-Up of Headline Speakers and Panelists for Its Inaugural NYU Advanced Publishing Institute
New York, NY, August 29, 2023 – Today, the NYU School of Professional Studies (NYU SPS) announced an impressive line-up of headline speakers and panelists for its highly-anticipated NYU Advanced Publishing Institute (NYU API), hosted by the NYU SPS Center for Publishing and Applied Liberal Arts (PALA), taking place in New York City from January 8-12, 2024.
The five-day course, designed for current mid- to senior-level book professionals, follows in the footsteps of the highly popular Yale Publishing Course, which ran from 2010 to 2019. The NYU API will be comprised of presentations, panels, and workshops featuring more than 25 renowned publishing industry experts who will share their expertise and vision for the future of publishing, including:
- Andrea Colvin, Editorial Director, Little Brown Ink
- Carrie Bloxson, Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer, Hachette Book Group
- James Daunt, CEO, Barnes & Noble
- Scott Dickey, CEO, Podium Audio
- Ryan Doherty, Vice President, Editorial Director, Celadon Books
- Sanyu Dillon, President, Random House Publishing Group
- Kristin Fassler, Senior Vice President and Director of Integrated Marketing Strategy for the Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group at Penguin Random House
- Jonathan Friedman, Director, Free Expression and Education Programs, PEN America
- Emi Ikkanda, Executive Editor, Tiny Reparations Books, an imprint at Penguin Random House
- Sophie Kaplan, Senior Director of Creative Acquisitions and IP Management for Universal Studio Group
- Stephen McConnell, Adjunct Instructor, NYU School of Professional Studies
- Madeline McIntosh, Formerly CEO of Penguin Random House US
- Lauren O’Connor, Head of IP & Literary Acquisitions, Amazon Studios
- Zibby Owens, Founder and CEO of Zibby Media and award-winning podcaster
- Karine Pansa, Co-Owner, Managing Partner, and Publishing Director at Girassol Brasil
- Monique Patterson, Vice President and Editorial Director of Bramble
- David Pogue, Correspondent, CBS Sunday Morning
- Dominique Raccah, CEO of Sourcebooks
- Lina Renzina, Lead, Lifestyle & Education Media Partnerships, North America, TikTok
- Yolanda Scott, Vice President & Editorial Director at Charlesbridge
- Kimberly Ayers Shariff, Executive Vice President, Strategy for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Penguin Random House
- Dan Stone, Executive Manager of Writer A&D, Substack
- Joshua Stone, CEO and Co-Founder of Book.io
- David Steinberger, Chairman and CEO of Open Road Integrated Media Inc.
- Anna Tavis, Clinical Professor and Academic Director of the Human Capital Management Programs at NYU SPS
- Jacob Weisberg, Co-Founder and CEO of Pushkin Industries
"The NYU Advanced Publishing Institute aims to provide book professionals with the tools and insights needed to navigate and excel in the rapidly changing publishing landscape,” said Andrea Chambers, associate dean of NYU SPS PALA, who brought the program to NYU. “With our distinguished speakers and esteemed panelists, we are confident that attendees will leave inspired and equipped to drive innovation in their respective industry roles."
With an emphasis on real-world case studies and strategic initiatives, the NYU API all-day executive education sessions promote problem-solving and discourse on thorny issues facing publishing and media today. The program will also provide an excellent forum for publishing executives and managers to network, exchange ideas, and formulate strategies for growth and development moving forward.
Additional information about the program and a registration form is now available on the NYU SPS PALA webpage. The full agenda will be available this fall with additional speakers and panelists.
About NYU SPS PALA
In addition to the NYU API, NYU SPS PALA offers a range of innovative programs in publishing and digital media, including the MS in Publishing, a 36-credit graduate program that prepares students for careers in books, digital, and magazine media; the Summer Publishing Institute (SPI), a four-week intensive for recent college graduates, rising college seniors, and young professionals who are interested in entry-level careers in media; and executive education programs, both in New York and abroad. PALA also offers two fully online degrees, the MS in Professional Writing and the MS in Translation and Interpreting; certificate and continuing education courses; and the Academy of Lifelong Learning. For more information, visit our website at NYU SPS Center for Publishing and Applied Liberal Arts (PALA).
NYU School of Professional Studies
For more than 87 years, the NYU School of Professional Studies (NYU SPS) has been a deeply respected institution of higher education grounded in applied learning. From its early years, training returning World War II veterans to fulfill the nation’s urgent need for skilled technical workers, it has evolved into a professional education powerhouse that offers 21 graduate degrees, 13 bachelor’s degrees for traditional and degree completion students, four associate degrees, and a plethora of continuing education courses and credentials.
Home to some of the largest and most prestigious industry conferences in the world, including the NYU SPS Institute on Federal Taxation, the Schack Institute of Real Estate’s Capital Markets Conference, REIT Symposium, and National Symposium of Women in Real Estate; the Jonathan M. Tisch Center’s International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference, and the NYU Coaching and Technology Summit, the School’s invaluable connections to industry leaders is a truly distinguishing factor in the education that it provides. Through career development services and resources provided by the NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development at NYU SPS, guest lecturers, site visits, participation in numerous conferences and events, and Global Field Intensives, students benefit from an NYU education that will set them apart. In addition, they can learn from and network with more than 41,000 NYU SPS alumni who live, work, and contribute to innovation in global industries. To learn more about NYU SPS, visit sps.nyu.edu.
PR OFFICE CONTACTS